mercoledì 6 ottobre 2010

Sorry, we cannot locate the address

So, apparently, I live nowhere.

I'll explain myself. My housemate Tereska and I, had problems receiveing our parcels from, specifically, Poland and Italy.
The boxes our moms sent with such love, full of emotional food, warm clothes and bla bla, both got stucked at the Manchester Piccadilly Depot.
We don't know why, and apparently neither the girl at the customer service I just talked to, but there is something wrong with our address here, in Laindon Rd.

Tereska called, complained and had her parcel delivered the next day. Mine is scheduled for tomorrow. We'll see if it'll really arrive, or not.

The 'funniest' parts of this story are: 1) my parents had to call the General Post Office in Rome to locate the parcel, (they didn't require the tracking kind so we thought we couldn't track it when, apparently, and thank God, we could) and the guy told them 'They probably couldn't locate the address because the zip code is uncorrect. There should be more numbers' - NO, moron, UK zip codes are like that, Letter-number-number (space) Number-letter-letter.
2) The girl at the customer service asked me for directions! Like, can't you use google maps?!

As I'm writing though, a doubt popped in my head, the girl didn't ask for the ref. number so I wonder if the parcel will really ever arrive.
But, as I'm still writing, I just got a letter in which they tell me (dated Sept. 29!) they're holding my parcel and if I want to, I can call to have it redelivered. Like, are you serious?!
Time is something the British need to work on. No joke.

ARGH! Next time I'll need something, I'll just wait to go home for Christmas.

Send him some love and light everytime you think of him and then drop it.
(Richard from Texas)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento